This Week In Cocktails – April 3, 2011
Here is a look into what is going on in the world of cocktails this week.
- Derek Brown of the Atlantic, and another gin drinker such as myself, has a nice article on how the English stole gin.
- Chef Shishir More of the Lotus Cafe in Mumbai, India is now serving up a Seared Scallop Bloody Mary, among other small bites with fins.
- The Boston Red Sox want to join most newer stadiums buy adding a few cocktail bars throughout the stadium. The Mayor and the Chief of Police are not so sure.
- Andrew Borher, cartaker of cocktail/bartender wisdom/miscellaneous rants website Cask Strength, wrote a great piece on the history of the Mai Tai.
- This is just what the apartment world needs: a cocktail bar add-on for my apartments balcony guard rail.
- Booze For Thought has a thought provoking piece on what is lost, left and forgotten (and then scavenged) after a night in a bar.
- If there is any history geek in you then you must read Modern Drunkard Magazine’s article on Boozing with the Bomb, a profile of alcohol in the atomic age.
- Drink Me magazine is highlighting booze beyond the glass in a Mushroom and Chardonnay Risotto.