This Week In Cocktails – February 11, 2011
Here is this weeks round up of all that is happening in the world of cocktails!
- For Valentines Day, The Washington Post is serving up a nice 20th Century Cocktail recipe. Not many drinks have gin, Lillet Blanc and Creme de Caocao in them. This one works.
- For the organically minded, Mother Nature Network is offering seven organic cocktails for a green Valentines or Oscar party.
- Phoenix New Times has a nice profile of Micah Olson from Jade Bar, a higher end place known for their well dress clientele and quality cocktails. The also have a great web site addres: sanctuaryoncamelback.com. That’s because they are located in the Sanctuary Spa. Don’t care. I love it.
- Brooke Arthur has put together a very innovative bar program at Prospect restaurant in San Francisco. Here is a profile of her Catcher In The Rye cocktail which has a blend of rye whiskey, amontillado sherry, Torani Amer, Gran Marnier, and Abbot’s Bitters.
- Camper English over at Alcademics has a nice reminder (for Valentines and any other romantic evening) about sparkling wine and liqueurs.
So what will you be mixing up for Valentines Day? If it’s tasty, let us know.
No related posts.
Tags: amontillado, Brooke Arthur, cocktail news, Cocktails, creme de caocao, Gin, Gran Marnier, Jade Bar, Lillet Blanc, Micah Olson, organic cocktail, Prospect San Francisco, rye whiskey, sparkling wine, Torani Amer